Friday, August 28, 2009

Do you think you lost your data?

Last night I did... In the process of reconfiguring my oses and dual boots my backup drive somehow got corrupted and claimed to not hold any data. After losing my cool for a short period I went about to solve the problem and found an open source (read free) software called TESTDISK. Within 4 minutes all of my data was recovered. I simply ran a scan for missing partitions, when it found my deleted partition I clicked the button to write it, and reboot, and bam - all my data was back.

See more information about this open source package here
http://www.cgsecurity.org/wiki/TestDisk

It comes highly recommended by foo webs :)

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Design & Marketing - Click and get an instant quote on your project