Friday, November 5, 2010

Let Visitors to your Blog Subscribe Via Email

I have run a few blogs for a while and I find that people I know in real life have more trouble keeping up with my blogs because they don't use rss readers (like google reader). Though they all check their email. So I went about finding a good way for my visitors to subscribe via email. And it turns out Google has acquired a service called FeedBurner to do just that. Here is how to set it up.


  1. Visit http://feedburner.google.com
  2. Register/ log in
  3. Click to add a new feed (type in your blog url and click next)
  4. Then walk through the steps to setup your feed based on your liking
  5. Click publicize up top
  6. Click email subscriptions on the left
  7. Activate email subscriptions
  8. Grab your buttons off this page after activated (or click blogger and add if you use blogger)
  9. Click email branding, delivery options etc to customize your email feed
  10. Go to your blog, click design, and replace the button where you like.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...
Web Design & Marketing - Click and get an instant quote on your project